The new Local Footer is now available. This new local footer uses your Points of Sale database, the cities being displayed will automatically have at least one point of sale.
Behaviour of your new local footer :
Which cities appear on your Home Page footer ?
On your Store Locator home page, our system is set up to display a maximum of 20 cities that gather the most points of sale.
Which cities appear on your Result page footer ?
Following the search (by city, postal code or geolocation), our system determines a position with specific geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude). Then, the Local Footer displays the cities in which you have points of sale (a maximum of 20) in a given radius around the position found.
Latitude and longitude coordinates depends on the type of search :
- Search by keywords:
- If the request is a city name or a postal code, our system can geocode this location and transform it into a latitude and longitude point that our Local Footer will use to display the nearby cities.
- If the request is a Point of Sale name, our system can’t geocode this keyword. In this case, our system will display the same city list as on your home page.
- Search by Geolocation : Your Local Footer takes into account the latitude and longitude coordinates generated by your browser to display the nearby cities around your location.
- Country pages : Our system is set up to display a maximum of 15 cities that gather the most points of sale in the selected country.
- Regional pages : Your Local Footer takes into account the latitude and longitude coordinates attached to the Region.
Which cities appear on your Point of Sale page footer ?
The cities that appear on this page are the nearby cities around the latitude/longitude coordinates of the point of sale included in the search radius we set up for your Store Locator.
Table sum up behaviors and page context :
Why implement a new local footer ?
Provide consistency : This new local footer displays cities attached to your points of sale. The old local footer displays a list of cities sometimes without points of sale, that might confuse some customers.
Worldwide Compatibility : This new local footer works in every countries. The old local footer works only if the settings are set manually for each country.
Available in different languages (translations): This new local footer displays cities filled in your database. If you translate city names of your points of sale, these cities will be displayed in the language of the front office
The quality of your database is essential. The Local Footer displays the cities you filled in in your Point of Sales Database. We often have some cities that are not well translated or some cities that are inaccurate.
Example : If the city is : “Paris 01”, it will appears like that in the Local Footer and will appear as a different city from the real city named Paris.
If you name the city “Paris 01” for some stores and “Paris” for others in your database, both of them will appear in your Local Footer, so we advise you to set the right names.