Add exceptional opening and closing times
You can inform web users of periods during which a point of sale will be exceptionally open or closed.Your exceptional opening and closing times can be set in advance, but will only be displayed 30 days before the start of the period in question and will disappear automatically after the end date.
In your BRIDGE interface, edit your point of sale. Go to Opening times, then select Exceptional opening or closing times and click on Add new exceptional opening or closing times:
- If a point of sale is closed/open for a single day:
- If it is exceptionally open on a particular day, make sure that Closed is not ticked and enter only the date in question and the opening hours
- If it is exceptionally closed on a particular day, tick Closed and enter only the date in question.
- If a point of sale is closed/open over a particular period:
- If it is exceptionally open over the period, untick Closed, then enter the period's start and end dates, as well as the opening hours.
- If it is exceptionally closed over the period, leave Closed ticked, then enter the period's start and end dates.
- You can add several periods over which the point of sale will be exceptionally open/closed by clicking again on Add new exceptional opening or closing times.
On each occasion, you can add a comment in the Description field.
Example in the interface:
Add bulk exceptional opening and closing times
CAUTION: YOU CANNOT CANCEL EXCEPTIONAL OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES CREATED IN BATCHES
However, you can only create them as you will not be able to later modify or delete them.
To do so, follow these steps:
Step 1: In the "Point of sale" tab, click on "Advanced options" and then on "Create exceptional opening or closing times in batches".
- Step 2: Enter the exceptional opening or closing times
If the points of sale are going to be open, select the opening hours and add a description
If the points of sale are going to be closed, tick the Closed box (the term "Closed" will appear on the minisites) and add your description.
If you do not know the opening hours or you do not want them to appear, this field is not mandatory. If you do not complete it, the term "Open" will appear on the pages.
Step 3: Choose the points of sale to which these exceptional opening or closing times will apply
Using filters, you can search by point-of-sale name, postcode or city.
Then tick the point(s) of sale to which these times will apply.
Step 4: Check that you have only ticked the points of sale concerned
Step 5: Confirming your changes
Click on "OK" to confirm the changes made to the points of sale or click on "Cancel" to make more changes to the list.