We provide a test server ("sandbox") specifically for the API.
This may be useful if you are performing a development that requires a write key (e.g., for updating data), in order to ensure that you do not touch the production database before you have completed your tests.
Production or sandbox ?
If you are setting up a mobile application or a widget, or for any other uses that only require POS data to be read via the API, in principle you will only need a read key. .
In this case, it is recommended that you perform your developments directly on the production server using a production key: this avoids you having to juggle different settings and allows you to access the most up-to-date production data.
- Because the sandbox database is deliberately different from the production database, the data is not updated with the latest production data. The database is usually a few months old. However, the format of the data is identical to that of production data, since the sandbox is updated with all the new releases applied to our other servers.
- The sandbox database is updated at our discretion.Switchover to production
- you will need a production API key. Follow the link for instructions on generating such a key: http://support.leadformance.com/hc/en-us/articles/206644577-API-generating-a-production-key
- you will only need to modify the api_key and api_uri settings.
Obtaining an API sandbox key
- To obtain your API key, please contact our support team or your dedicated Customer Success manager.