In the "Points of sale" tab, click on "Create" and enter information in the different pages:
- Name*: enter the name of your point of sale. The name is used: as the title on the point of sale's page, in SEO content, in SEO tags and in the URL of the point of sale's page.†
We recommend that you do not enter:
Words describing the type of point of sale (store, branch, showroom, etc.), because the name of the point of sale is used for referencing purposes. This keyword is also used, so it is important not to create duplicates as this can negatively affect search engine optimisation.
Example of incorrect entry: Darty Chambéry store
We recommend that you enter:
The name of your brand and the name of the city, to improve local SEO. Ensure that each store has a different point-of-sale name. If there are several points of sale in the same city, you can replace the city with specific information such as the name of your point of sale's district or street (see example below). Please note: this technique cannot be used if the differentiating information includes the name of a geographical location (e.g., Rue de la Savoie, Place de ChambÈry, etc.)††
Example: DARTY CHAMBERY † †/ † Example of an incorrect entry: DARTY PARIS PLACE SAVOIE
- Address line 1*: enter the street number and name without abbreviations. This field is required for location services
- Address line 2: enter additional address details (shopping centre, cedex, industrial estate, retail park, etc.)
- Postcode* If the country does not have postcodes, this field does not need to be completed
- City*: Enter the name of the city without any additional details, e.g., district or cedex
- Large cities nearby: this information is optional, but it makes it easier to find your point of sale if it is located in a smaller town.
If you have to work in several languages, you must translate the six points above into these different languages. The data initially entered is default information. This version of the point of sale will be displayed on all Front Offices that have no translation into their own official language.
- Country*: select the country. This information is required for geolocation purposes
- Regions*: select the different geographical levels (region, county, district, etc.)
- Click on Locate this address to display it on the map. The latitude and longitude will be calculated by Google or ESRI (if any other map system is used) once the page has been saved. (If you encounter location problems, click here.)
- Telephone: enter the telephone number you wish to display on the minisite. You can add more information in†Telephone - Additional information
- Fax: enter your fax number
- Opening Hours: enter opening and closing times if required. You can also add exceptional opening and closing times.
- Images: default images are displayed but you can personalise them. To find out more about personalised images, click here.
- Description: display the default description or enter a personalised description, which you will need to enter in all your languages.
- Other fields: specify the user ID of your point of sale and enter its specificities ("services" and "products" smart tags and other peculiarities defined when setting up your store locator)
By default, the point of sale is inactive when it is created and, therefore, not visible online.
Thus, you can check your data and activate it manually.
Your point-of-sale page will be online within 20 minutes. It will be visible in your Back Office and on results pages within 24 hours, when the cache is refreshed